29 Nov 2010

Julie and Julia...whats my mission?

Last week I watched Julie and Julia. I didn't know anything about it but had Sky+'d because I loved the cast. The partnership between Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci is pretty much unbeatable; Amy Adams is a brilliant and versatile actress (definitely plenty more to come from her!) and then there's Nora Ephron who in my opinion can do no wrong. She is responsible for such classics as You've Got Mail, Sleepless In Seattle, When Harry Met Sally and now she has Julie and Julia to add to the line up.

Here's a brief synopsis I took from IMDB:

Julia Child and Julie Powell - both of whom wrote memoirs - find their lives intertwined. Though separated by time and space, both women are at loose ends... until they discover that with the right combination of passion, fearlessness and butter, anything is possible.


I came away from this film feeling positive and very very inspired. It's hard not to actually as there's a bit of Julie in all of us. There are so many people feeling unsatisfied with their lives at the moment (esp with the economic situation) that it's nice to think that such a simple idea could be so recognised and rewarding. We're normal people and people care what we say (well only 11 people at the moment but I'm hoping to improve on that!) I would love to do something like Julie does in the film, where I set myself a deadline and a tricky task but I just don't know what to do. Any suggestions?

I got thinking about what inspired me to blog and I suppose it's the fact that I have a voice and I like to write in my own little way. It's written as I'd speak to a friend as you might have gathered, but it's still got that mask of privacy between us. I can be brutally honest if I like, and say things I probably couldn't say to my friends or family! I guess it's what you could call cathartic. Watch the film and you will see what I'm on about. Hopefully you'll be inspired too.

No comments:

Post a Comment