21 Sept 2010

Magic Steps and the beginning of my shoe journey!

At the tender age of 4 I was lucky enough to possess the most beautiful and magical shoes known to man...in the '80's for kids anyways. The shoes I'm talking about are Clarks Magic Steps shoes and mine were burgandy patent leather. From memory, the sole of them had a bubble bit with a key inside and you got a key brooch, but I can't remember 100% what they looked like and I'm gutted not to be able to find any pictures on the internet *pout*. However, Youtube has provided me with a video of the good old 1980's advert.



They were simply beautiful. My favourite bit was the little diamante bit on the front as they made me feel more princessy.

Since then, I've never looked back. From Magic steps I progressed to red T-bar shoes, patent and suede ones with checky ribbon laces, LA Gear, Kickers, Vans, Converse, Lulu Guiness, and many more. I did get a bit of flack for my shoe courage over the years but what's wrong with being a bit fashion forward at a young age? Pretty much all my shoes are high street ones and the more special ones I've got like the Lulu's and a pair of Joseph ankle boots I got at a sale. In another blog post I'll go into a few of the designer shoes I aspire to but for now I'll leave you with the 1980's. Happy reminiscing xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment