22 Jun 2011

Addressing old problems

I'm coming up 28 years old and I'm embarrassed to say I've only just addressed a back problem I've had more than half my life but randomly, my job is to encourage people to get back to health...go figure.

Aged 13, I was on a family holiday in Florida. My one and only trip to Busch Gardens and one solitary ride on the 'Kumba' was all I needed to create a problem that has been with me ever since. Anyone who has been on this ride will know it throws you about a bit and I must have come down in my seat pretty hard to cause such lasting damage. Here's a pic of the ride...

Anyways, long story short...I'm not a fan of the Doctors (lets face it, few people are) and so I've never had the bollocks to go and run the risk of having some sort of treatment. My brother started working in the physio department of our local hospital a while ago and when I was complaining of pain the other night he got straight on to a colleague who came out of his way this evening to try and assess and put right years of wrong.

Tonight I am a very happy young lady. I feel I've taken a step in the right direction finally, all thanks to my brother and his friend/work mate. The talented young fellow told me what was wrong and the steps I could take to helping myself. It just goes to show that sometimes you just need to bite the bullet (or have a family member ready to give you a gentle nudge) and your life can become so much better. In future I'll be a bit quicker to seek help. After all, a lot of the time, it's worse not to try and get it sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment