7 Jul 2010

Summer Radiance

I recently went to Middlesbrough's very own Fashion Week. It was the very first one to take place here and it was great to get involved with the opening night celebrations. A customer of mine had tickets for the event at Psyche which is a big designer shop in good ol' Boro and there was a fashion show, cupcakes, manicures, threading...allsorts really. There were also stands from some High Street stores and one of those was Boots. Normally it takes me quite a lot to be seduced by offers if I had no intention of buying that item in the first place but there was a lovely cleanser which was sold on the idea that it was Boots' answer to Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish...

Now for those of you who have tried Cleanse and Polish, I'm sure you would agree that it's the best in the business. For those of you who haven't, I'm sure you have heard of it and therefore would know that it is meant to be (and is) AMAZING. Anyways...back to the story...oh yes, so I was talking to my friend whilst she was choosing some items off the Boots stand and I was shown the Boots No 7 Radiance Booster. I was cynical, but since there was £5 off with a voucher I already had I thought it would be rude not to give it a try. Like Cleanse and Polish it comes with a cloth so that you can perform a hot cloth facial style thing with your cleanser and make it a bit more of an event.

What it's meant to do: "The combination of this rich, indulgent cleanser and the gentle exfoliating muslin cloth whisks away dead skin cells and daily grime whilst stimulating circulation, leaving your skin deeply clean, soft and radiant"



Well guys and gals. I must say I was impressed. I love my Liz Earle and don't think there's a better product on the market, but this is a decent alternative for when money is tight. It's only usually £8.99 (but you could get it for £3.99 with those vouchers that seems to be given out all the time). When I can't afford Liz Earle, I'm normally a make up wipes sort of lady, but I find that you have to scrub at your face to get rid of all the traces of make up. I found that even my most stubborn make up comes off easily with this lovely creamy, fresh smelling cleanser. Mmmmmm. AND like all No7 stuff it's Hypo-allergenic. Genius!

One last thing...rather than just keep washing the cloth every day. I use cotton wool pads to remove the cleanser and use the cloth for when I'm using it as a face mask sort of treatment. Alternatively, you can buy spare cloths if you're not as tight as me hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment