23 Nov 2011

Get more for your money!

I've found that finding time to shop for Christmas prezzies is really hard if you're planning to go out and about and so a majority of gifts are to be bought online this year. After a fairly unsuccessful trip to a shopping centre nearby I've realised that while I've already got a few things sorted, now is the time to knuckle down. If you're in the same situation as me here are a few of my best tips.

1. If you are wanting to shop from the big chains, try searching for discount codes on www.vouchercodes.co.uk to save yourself money.

2. Use a cashback sites like Quidco or TopCashBack. All you need to do is go onto one of these sites, search for the retailer you are interested in and click through to shop at that site the way you normall would. It tracks your spend and you end up with cash! I've used TopCashBack for the last 9 months when making purchases I would have done anyway and made back the best part of £100.

3. I prefer to shop with smaller, independant retailers and there are plenty to shoose from online. A great place to start for unusual, personal gift ideas is somewhere like Folksy or Etsy. They are bursting with talented individuals selling some of the most fabulous handcrafted things you have ever seen.

4.The final thing I like to remember when shopping online is although you might feel ripped off by P&P charges, you probably would have paid more in petrol and parking (and blood sweat and tears).

Grab a cuppa and put your computer on. This year, Christmas shopping just got fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment